The Adoration Chapel was built to be a sanctuary of prayer dedicated to the worship of God. Its foundation was begun in 1900 and the cornerstone was laid on May 21, 1901. The solemn consecration of the completed chapel took place November 15, 1911. It is of Romanesque style and constructed of Bedford stone. Father Lukas Etlin, O.S.B., a monk of Conception Abbey who served as chaplain for the Sisters, was instrumental in much of the chapel’s design. Conradi of St. Louis, Missouri, was the architect.
Photo 1 of 5